smile on view

smiles

Discovery of12,000 year old city of Lord Krishna

Scientist have discovered Hindu city that gone into sea before 12000 years ago.

Kumbakarna – Brother of RavaNa

Kumbhakarna was the brother of King Ravana of Lanka. Ravana, Kumbhakarna, Vibhishana were the sons of a sage named Vishrava, born to a Rakshasa woman named Kaikasi. They had a sister named Shurpanakha. Kubera is their half-brother, born to another wife of Vishrava.

477003_437058966312333_1995991592_o(1)

Along with his brother Ravana, Kumbhakarna indulged in rigid austerities with the intention of pleasing Lord Brahma. When Brahma appeared before him, he wanted the boon of immortality (Nityatva), but the Goddess Saraswati caused him to mispronounce the word as sleepiness (Nitratva). Appalled, he pleaded with Brahma to rescind the boon, which had really become a curse. Brahma could not take back his boon, but he modified it such that Kumbhakarna would be asleep for six months and then awake for the other six. (Some sources say that Kumbhakarna was given only one day of wakefulness every six months).
He was a giant in stature, and consumed huge amounts of food when he was awake. One of the most powerful warriors on Ravana’s side, he was also very knowledgeable about proper conduct. Like his brother Vibhishana, he counselled Ravana to return Sita to Rama to avert the war, but unlike Vibhishana, he did not abandon Ravana when his advice was rejected.
He fought valiantly against the Vanara army of Rama, causing great damage. Ultimately, he was slain by Laxmana with the help of a divine missile. Though he fought on the side of evil, his devotion to Ravana and his loyalty to his kinsmen is highly praised, and is contrasted favorably with the "treachery" of his brother Vibhishana, who fought on Rama’s side

Penang Botanical Garden murugan temple

Penang ,Thannermalai Bala Thandayuthabani Temple began as a shrine of Lord Murugan. It was the located at the base of the waterfall at the Botanical Gardens Penang sometime before 1782. The above statement was the evident from the writings of Sir Francis Light where in it was stated that the Tamils (Chulias and Chettiars) were already present and worshipping the Vel (spear) when he named Georgetown on the 10th of August 1786 after having bought the island from the Sultan of Kedah for 6000 Spanish dollars for the East India Company. It is not possible to know who installed the vel at the original temple site of Thanneermalaian(one who resides at the waterfall) as Lord Murugan was then known. Soon this shrine became important for many Indian workers who ferried water to Georgetown by way of bullock carts. By the early part of 1800 the shrine seemed to have been the focus of Thaipusam celebration, a festival dedicated to Lord Murugan.British records and local newspapers do mention of Hindu devotees celebration the festival. In 1850 with the increase of the local population, the British authorities decided to develop the area into a reservoir.They decided that the waterfall area and the immediate catchment area had to be protected.At the same time they did not want to upset the sentiments of the Hindu population.Therefore,they alienated an eleven acre hillside property(the present site) for the location of a proper temple.This is the present site of the Hill Top Murugan temple at Waterfall Road.